Tuesday, February 5, 2008
A Year Ago Today, Part 2
A year ago today Jim and I carpooled to work since we had just sold the silver Acura. I had been sick all weekend but felt well enough on Monday to go to work. Halfway through the day I felt under the weather again and called Jim to see if he could leave early with me. We talked about him finding a ride home with a friend but in the end decided to leave together around 3:00. We're sure glad he came home with me! When we got home I immediately fell asleep on our bed only to be awakened an hour later by my water breaking. I told Jim, who was playing Tiger Woods computer golf, and, after asking me several times if I was sure, we raced around the house getting everything ready for our trip to the hospital. We'd talked so much about this moment, speculating on when it would happen (we always expected the middle of the night) and how we'd know if it was really happening (what are real contractions and how are you supposed to know if your water breaks?? Now I know). Now it was here and we were both giddy! After a honk of the horn to let our neighbors know, we were off! The next time I saw our house we'd be bringing our precious son home and our whole life would be different. We were about to meet the person we'd been planning for and dreaming about for 9 months. Would he recognize our voices? What would he look like? How would it feel to hold him? It's amazing the difference a year makes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you, you are such a sweetheart. Jim and Allison, what a fun day today is...I can't believe your son is already ONE! Have a wonderful time celebrating throughout the rest of the week and weekend. Love, the Dyers
Happy Birthday Tyler!!! Hope you have a super fun day!
A little belated, but happy 1st b-day Tyler! I can't beleive it, this year has gone so fast!
I miss seeing you every day Alison, hope all is well!
Post a Comment