Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dynamic Duo

This Saturday Jim and I got to experience what life would have been like with twins. We had the pleasure of watching little William while Meg and Joe went to a wedding. When Tyler woke up from his nap and saw his friend he just couldn't believe it. They both stared at each other for a while and that was about the extent of their interaction for the remainder of the afternoon. Even though they were both in the same room they rarely acknowledged each other unless they were after the other's toy or someone was making a lot of noise.
The two rediscovered each other over a dinner of chicken nuggets, carrots and oranges. With dinner being such a hit Jim and I braved a double bath. Once in the tub both boys were tickled pink to have some company. Then Tyler started splashing and quickly found out that William has learned a thing or two in that department, most likely from big brother Vincent. We thought Ty splashed big but William puts him to shame, dousing us as well as a lot of the bathroom floor! Jim and I were rolling! Once dried off, the dynamic duo watched the other get into PJs and get ready for bed. Jim took Ty and I took William and both boys were out as their heads touched the mattresses. Jim and I agreed, while we're not ready for twins, we loved having little William over and hope to do it again soon!

No comments: