
Jim and I have been very fortunate that Tyler has slept through the night from an early age. With few exceptions, such as travel, his normal sleep pattern is 6pm to 6 or 7am. Another reason for disrupted sleep is when he's on the cusp of a major development, either motor or verbal. I remember the week before he learned to roll over onto his stomach he was up many times in the night, rehearsing the movement in his crib. For the past week Jim and I have been keeping our eyes peeled for another milestone because Mr. Tyler has been waking up at 4:30. For the most part he'll fall back to sleep after fussing for 30 minutes but one day he actually stayed awake in his crib until 6! Could he be ready to crawl? Or getting in his top teeth or learning some new sounds and babbles? Well, yesterday we got our answer. We were playing in the basement and Tyler dove onto his stomach. After some wriggling around and struggling he managed to sit up all by himself! It's still really hard work for him but he's done it 3 times now. The satisfaction he must get after pulling his little bulk up is worth losing a little sleep over!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see this new trick in person!
Post a Comment