I don't think this will become the norm yet (he woke up crying from his next 2 naps) but it does give me hope that he will eventually move toward this disposition. A small breakthrough but I will take it!
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Happy Napper
Ever since I can remember, Tyler has been crabby when waking up from a nap. Even if he's slept for 2 hours he'll let us know he's awake by crying and it takes a good 3-4 minutes to calm him down. In an effort to change this we put one of his favorite toys in his crib hoping he'd wake up and play but he took no notice of it and continued to cry. I had resigned myself to the fact that Tyler would forever be a crabby napper...until yesterday. He'd been asleep for almost 2 hours when I walked upstairs. As I neared his room I heard a bell jingling from his crib toy. Figuring he was just waking up and accidentally hitting it with his foot I walked into his room. The pictures below are what I saw when I turned on his light. He was on his tummy looking at himself in the mirror and playing with his toy bird!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment