
It was certainly not love at first sight between Tyler and his hat. In fact, when I tried it on him in the store he ripped it off his head and threw it on the ground. His feelings didn't change much in the next couple weeks and I spent a lot of time chasing down his hat outdoors. Finally, one day I decided I could be more persistent than he could, and repeatedly replaced his hat every time he took it off. It took a good half hour but he decided it wasn't worth it and let the hat be. Recently, however, he's gone from begrudgingly wearing the hat to asking for it by name. If it happens to blow off his head outdoors he'll point and yell, "Hat!!". He's even started wanting to wear it indoors. This week he wouldn't eat his breakfast until it was firmly atop his noggin. So, for now, we don't have to worry about his head getting sunburned. I just hope he's ready to give it up once the snow starts!

No comments:
Post a Comment