Thursday, March 27, 2008

What a Week!

These days, when he's awake, he's on the go and I just try and keep up! On Tuesday Tyler and I hit the Children's Museum. Before we went inside we had lunch and that's the last picture I was able to snap that day because Tyler never stopped! This was his first time back since he started walking and he went EVERYWHERE! Up stairs, across bridges, up and down ramps, through tunnels and caves, down slides, whew! He had such a good time exploring places he'd never been able to go before and I had fun seeing what all he'd discover.

The following day we headed outdoors to meet Christa and Anna at the zoo. We piled them into Anna's little red wagon and we were off. They saw monkeys, gorillas, lions, tigers and polar bears. Their favorite zoo animal to watch was the penguins although they were pretty interested in all the school aged kids too. After sitting for so long the dynamic duo needed to stretch their legs so we let them loose in the tropical zone. They walked throughout, looking at exotic flowers, snakes and fish. Unfortunately, my camera kept fogging up so I didn't get any great pictures. Next the two toddlers walked around the lobby waving hello to one and all. What a cute pair! Later that day we went to our neighborhood park and Tyler insisted on walking the entire way. The trip took us 5 times as long but he was so proud of himself!

Today Tyler and I played host to our neighbors Vincent and William. Their daycare is on spring break so they came to hang out with us for the day. Vincent had a blast discovering all the new toys and books Tyler has. He also drew many great works of art and discovered a secret cave in our living room! William had fun cruising around our house and playing with the ball popper in the basement. Everyone played great together and the day just flew by.









My friend told me she'd read that the average toddler walked the length of 39 football fields in one day. After this week I certainly believe it!

2 comments:

Anna said...

It was so great to see you guys this week! Hope you have a great weekend and we look forward to getting together again soon. Can't believe how much Tyler has changed, he's so grown up toddling all around!

Amy said...

I know what you mean about trying to keep up! Welcome to my world!!He is so cute