Sunday, June 3, 2007

Fun in Florida

This past week Jim and I packed up Tyler and headed for sunny Florida to spend some time with my family on Captiva Island. Tyler got to meet a lot of new people and have a lot of new experiences. He rode on a plane and a boat for the first time. He did really good on the plane rides and absolutely loved the boat trip. He also went swimming for the first time and, unlike at bath time, didn't cry at all! He got to meet his Aunt Keely and Uncle Josh, Aunt Heather and Uncle Curtis and Cousins Cade and Halee. My friend Haley also came up from Miami to meet him and hang out for a few days.

Unfortunately, Tyler's usual laid back self did not come with us on the trip. Whether it was being out of his usual environment, too many new experiences, or teething Tyler was a grumpy gus each and every evening we were in Florida. Luckily, his days were good but it did make for a long week for me and Jim. None the less, we were really happy to spend time with everyone and catch up. We will miss you all and hope to see you again soon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Well, except for Dad in that first picture:-)
Little Ty is growing up fast, can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks.
Steve D.

Anna said...

It was so great to see you earlier this week Allison and Tyler! I can't believe how grown up that little guy is already! Have a great weekend with your mom Allison and I'll talk to you soon! Thanks for coming over, Christa

Anonymous said...

I had such a great time meeting you Tyler! Al, I'm so glad we got to catch up! I miss you so much- give Jim and Tyler a hug for me and I'll come and visit soon...
Love you all,
Haley